The Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia) Charitable Trust
The Regiment’s Charitable Trust is a wholly voluntary charity that supports the wider life of the Regiment. It is registered (Number 1093105) with the Charity Commission and therefore benefits from Gift Aid on donations from UK taxpayers. It is not a membership club and does not raise subscriptions. The Charitable Trust is wholly dependent on the public for its funding and does not employ any staff. It is not linked to the Army or Ministry of Defence in anyway. The Charitable Trust has legal ownership of the Regiments extensive collection of silver, chattels and other memorabilia which is on loan back to the Regiment for its use. The Trust will take everything back into it’s care should the Regiment ever disband. This modern Charitable Trust was considered necessary in the late 1990’s as the TA was then in a state of constant change. The Trust has several aims to support the wider life of the Regiment – sporting, adventure training, welfare, recruiting and representational activities to name but a few. It has paid out an average of well over £4K per annum since formally being registered in 2002.
If you wish to support us a bank payment form is available (R Mon REM Trust Stdg O Form), together with a Gift Aid form (R Mon REM Trust Gift Aid dec) which will allow us to claim the equivalent of basic rate tax on your contribution. Thank you in anticipation of your support.
Details of income, grants and a list of trustees is available on the Charity Commission website.
The Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia) Charitable Trust’s method of operation:
- Makes grants to organisations
- Provides human resources
- Provides buildings/facilities/open space
- Makes grants to individuals
What services The Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia) Charitable Trust provides:
- General charitable purposes
- The advancement of health or saving of lives
- The prevention or relief of poverty
- Amateur sport
The Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia) Charitable Trust provides services to:
- Elderly/old people
Where The Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia) Charitable Trust operates:
- Throughout England and Wales
The Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia) Charitable Trust’s charitable objectives:
- To promote the efficiency of the regiment known as The Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia) (“The Regiment”) in such ways as the trustees shall from time to time determine and in particular but not exclusively by: 1.1. encouraging and promoting such sporting activities as shall be conducive to military efficiency 1.2. promoting and maintaining the esprit de corps of the regiment 1.3. upholding the traditions of the regiment 1.4. holding, restoring, repairing, reconstructing and preserving items in the regiment’s collection and supporting the charitable work of the Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia) regimental museum (registered charity number 274596) 1.5. educating members of the regiment regarding its history and military accomplishments 1.6. relieving sickness amongst persons serving or having served in the regiment in particular by making donations to hospitals homes or institutions having amongst their objects the succour in sickness or convalescence of officers or men who are serving or have served in Her Majesty’s forces
- Educating the public concerning the history and military accomplishments of the regiment and encouraging recruitment to the regiment
- Relieving need amongst persons serving or having served in the regiment and their dependants who are in conditions of hardship and distress